First, you would need to choose the type of hospital you are planning to stay in – this would determine the types of hospital bedrooms you can choose from. In Singapore, you can opt for your treatments, your surgeries, or your delivery to be carried out at a public hospital or private hospital (this will have an impact on your premium). Once you have decided between a public or private hospital, you can select the type of hospital bedrooms you would prefer to stay in, in the event hospitalization is required.
If you have chosen private hospitalization, you can choose between:
- Single bedroom – ‘1 bedded’: no sharing of room required
- Double bedroom – ‘2 bedded’: the room will be shared with one other patient
- 4 bedroom – ‘4 bedded’: the room will be shared with 3 other patients
If you have chosen public hospitalization, you can choose between:
- aWard A bedroom: either a single or double room (depending on the hospital)
- bWard B1 bedroom: a room with 4 beds
- cWard B2 bedroom: the room will be shared with 4 to 5 other patients
- Ward C bedroom: a room with 8 to 9 beds
Health insurance companies generally only offer foreigners living in Singapore either single or double bedrooms.
To find out more about healthcare topics in Singapore you can check our articles. To understand, how your health insurance plans cover healthcare costs, you can approach UEX‘s happiness team by email or by phone for more information and guidance – and the good news is that they are super nice!
With UEX, you can obtain a quote for a health insurance contract customized to your needs and requirements – all in less than a minute!